Appetizing sheet pan cajun chicken.
This sheet pan magic is so delicious, it is a dinner recipe when you have your people around.
- 1 bowl
- 1 sheet pan or baking tray
- 1 knife
- 1 saucepan
- 1 cooker
- 1 oven
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour or arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup water
For the chicken and vegetables.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1 large head)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into large pieces
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
Optional garnish ideas.
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
- lime wedges
- In a saucepan, combine all your sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Place your saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let it cook until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and allow your sauce to cool at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees /220 C, line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken and bell pepper into 1-inch cubes, broccoli florets into small bite-sized pieces as well.
- Season your chicken lightly with sea salt and pepper. Drizzle half of your prepared sauce on top of chickens pieces, toss until well coated.
- Place seasoned chicken onto your prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure browning.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine broccoli, bell pepper and cashews in a bowl. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper, drizzle the remaining sauce on top and toss well.
- Carefully remove your sheet pan from the oven and add vegetables. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with lime wedges, green onions or toasted sesame seeds as you desired.