Chicken with apricot curry sauce with baked carrots and buttered wild rice
This dish is just right for balanced enjoyment! And it’s also really high in protein thanks to the chicken. A really simple and quick dish that will brighten up your day today. We wish you a good appetite!
- Baking Tray
- Cooking pot with lid
- 250 g chicken breast fillet
- 150 g Basmati wild rice mix
- 2 g Spice mix (consist salt and pepper)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 2 g Butter ( contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 1 shallot
- 10 g Parsley leaves
- 4 pieces Carrots
- 20 g Dried apricots
- 4 g Spice curry mix
- 50 g Apricot chutney (contains mustard)
- 4 g Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper or to taste
- 450 ml Water
- Preheat your oven to 220°C upper/lower heat (200°C fan oven).
Heat 300ml of water in the kettle.
Rinse the wild rice in a sieve with cold water until the water runs clear.
In a small saucepan, pure 300 ml of hot water from the kettle and add a pinch of salt, then stir in the rice.
Bring to a boil and put the lid on. Simmer on low heat for approx. 10 minutes. Then take the pot off the stove and leave it covered for 10 minutes to cool off.
- Peel the carrots, halve crosswise, and then cut lengthwise into sticks. Spread carrot sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (leave some room for the chicken), sprinkle with 1 tbsp oil, and spice mixture (consist of salt and pepper). Bake the carrots in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Season the chicken breast fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil on high, add chicken breasts, and sear for 2 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it in the oven for the last 10 minutes of the carrots cooking time and finish baking until the meat is no longer pink inside.
- Peel the shallot and garlic and finely dice both. Finely dice the dried apricots and finely chop the parsley.
- Heat a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil, stir in the shallot and garlic cubes and saute for 2 minutes. Add 200 ml water, chicken stock powder, apricot chutney, and curry spice mixture and simmer for approx. 3 minutes.
Add the dried apricots and half the butter and simmer again until the sauce has thickened a bit. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Fluff the wild rice with a fork and fold in the remaining butter.
Divide the rice between plates, and add the carrots and chicken breast. Top the chicken with parsley and enjoy with the apricot curry sauce.
Enjoy your meal!