Gratinated Peppers With Lentil And Herder
Gratinated peppers with lentils.
The beauty of vegetable dishes? You get a large portion of vitamins and minerals on the table in an uncomplicated way and can always vary and combine them! On top of that, vegetables are a great source of fibre. Enjoy your meal!
- 1 sieve
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Pack brown lentils
- 1 Big carrot
- 1 Onion
- 10 g Mint /parsley
- 2 Red bell pepper
- 100 g Shepherd's cheese (Contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 150 g Cream yoghurt ( Contains milk or milk products including lactose)
- 50 g Salad mix
- 20 g Walnut
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 20 g Grated hard cheese ( Contains milk or milk products including lactose, eggs or egg products )
- 4 g Spice mix
- 3 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper or to taste
Energy (kJ) 2965 kJ
Energy (kcal) 709 calories
Saturated fatty acids 12.0g
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C top/bottom heat (200°C fan oven). Halve the bell peppers, remove the core, add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil to the halved peppers, salt, and place halved peppers in a casserole dish with the opening facing down.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes while continuing with the recipe.
2. Peel the carrot, quarter lengthways, and cut into 0.5 cm cubes. Halve, peel and finely dice the onion.
Pluck the leaves from the parsley and mint and finely chop them separately. Drain the lentils through a sieve and rinse with water until the water runs clear.
3. Roughly crush the walnuts in the pack, then roast them in a large pan without adding any fat for 1 – 2 minutes until they start to color. Remove. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil, stir in the onion and carrot cubes and saute for 4 – 6 minutes.
Add the lentils and fry for another 3 minutes. Cut the herder’s cheese into small cubes and stir into the pan with the spice mix and parsley and pepper.
4. Remove the casserole dish with the peppers from the oven, turn the halves and fill with the lentil mixture, return to the oven and bake for a total of approx. 25 minutes until the peppers are soft.
While baking, take out the baking dish for the first 15 minutes, sprinkle the pepper halves with grated hard cheese and return to the oven and bake for the remaining time.
5. Meanwhile, halve and pit the avocado, scoop the flesh out of the skin and cut into 2cm cubes. In a large bowl, add 1 tbsp creamy yogurt with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste, and stir until well combined.
In a small bowl, place the avocado cubes, and the remaining yogurt with the chopped mint, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange the prepared gratin pepper halves on plates. Mix the salad leaves and avocado salad, arrange next to the pepper halves and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, serve with the mint dip. Enjoy your meal!