Sweet and sour chicken pan with paprika toasted sesame and jasmine rice
The Asian cuisine inspires us again and again. The great composition of different flavours and the fresh lightness of this dish will make you a fan in no time.
- 1 sieve
- 1 large skillet
- 1 cooker
- 1 250g chicken breast fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 spring onion
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 150 g jasmine rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 34 ml ketchup (contains celery or celery products)
- 25 ml soy sauce ( contains soy, cereals containing gluten (wheat) or products made from them )
- 8 g cornstarch
- 12 ml red wine vinegar ( contains cereals (wheat) containing gluten or products made from them, sulfur dioxide or sulphites )
- 50 g Apricot chutney ( contains mustard )
- 8 g honey
- 4 g vegetable broth ( contains celery or celery products )
What you should have at home
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 500 ml water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Heat plenty of water in the kettle. Cut the chicken breast fillets into pieces approx. 1 cm wide. In a small bowl, season cornstarch with a little salt and pepper and roll the chicken pieces in it. Set aside until further use. With the stock powder, add 200 ml of hot water to make vegetable stock.
- Rinse the jasmine rice in a sieve with cold water until it flows through it clearly. In a small saucepan add 300 ml of cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once boil, add your rice and cover, simmer the rice in it on low heat for approx. 10 minutes. Then take the saucepan off the stove and let the rice continue to swell for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the white and green parts of the spring onions separately into fine rings. Peel and halve the onion and cut it into wedges. Halve the peppers, remove the core and cut the pepper halves into approx. 2.5 cm cubes. In a second small bowl, add ketchup, apricot jam, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar mix until well combined.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a large pan without adding fat for about 1 minute on medium heat until it smells fine. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the large pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat, add white spring onion rings, onion wedges and chicken pieces and fry for 3 - 5 minutes while turning. Add the pepper cubes and fry again for 1 minute. Then stir in the ketchup-soy sauce and the prepared vegetable stock and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened a little. Season to taste with the honey, salt and pepper provided.
- After the soaking time, stir the jasmine rice a little with a fork and distribute it on a plate. Spread the chicken pan on top, sprinkle with green spring onion rings and roasted sesame seeds and enjoy. Enjoy your meal!
sweet and sour chicken pan